Delray Beach – Village by the Sea
Voted best small town more than once, Delray was voted in All-American City, most fun small town in the USA and American’s Happiest Seaside Town. With three miles of beach front along A1A, tons of restaurants, chic shopping, an active art and entertainment community, Delray Beach offers a little something for everyone.
Start your day off right and hit the beach early for a morning stroll and take in the sunrise, or take a drive up the coast on A1A for breakfast on the dunes. Pack a picnic to enjoy a day at the beach; and afterward you can hop over to Boston’s Sandbar and cool off with a frosty drink, lounge on an Adirondack chair or play some bags (you mid-westerners call it cornhole). Watch the sunset with a cocktail and some music at one of the many popular drink and dining options on Atlantic Avenue.
When you need time out of the sun, take a stroll down Atlantic Ave or visit Delray Marketplace for an afternoon of shopping and snacking. Choose between a visit the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, Cornell Museum of Art, the Sandoway House Nature Center, or an afternoon at the Chris Everett Tennis Academy.
Things to do in Delray Beach:
- play miniature golf at Putt’n Around
- takes lessons in paddle boarding or surfing on the beach
- tennis lessons Delray Tennis Courts
- bike ride through town with Delray Bike Club
- visit the Delray Runners Company for a group jog around town
- take a walking culinary tour of downtown
- hop a ride on the free trolley
- visit the Sandoway Nature Museum at shark feeding time
- take in some jazz or blues at the Arts Garage
- see a play or musical at the Performing Arts Center
- visit the Delray Historical Society
- scuba dive and check out the shipwreck at Causarina
- cruise the Intracoastal for sightseeing on the Delray Yacht Cruise
- visit the Pineapple Grove Art district
- check out of the festival, art exhibits or craft shows